Sunday, February 03, 2008

A Wholeness Inside

I believe that a wholeness that exists in me and everyone else even in the midst of life challenges that seem to be shattering. There is a light in me, in you, even then. I may not always be able to see it at the end of the tunnel, but it is in me. Right this moment. A wholeness that's untouched by what I’m facing. Maybe it seems very small, a tiny spark. Maybe for a moment, I doubt it's there. But it is. When I take a moment to close my eyes, I feel it there. It's the part of me that already knows how to face the challenge, that's already transformed it and learned from it. It's the part that will lead me to whatever other help and support I might need along the way. This in no way minimizes the pain and confusion of the challenge. It's just that this other piece exists simultaneously and is with me always. I can always tap into it. No matter how alone I feel, ultimately, I know that I’m never alone.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jaliya said...

Hi, Alissa...I've just come across your blog via one of my rambling excursions through cyberspace. Congratulations on all that you've done and become...I know the arduousness of this journey, as I share it; I too am a survivor of early trauma/abuse and later CFS. No surprise that exhaustion runs so deep in those who have been stripped to the soul while very young.

I'm 48 years old and am gathering courage to face my own "tabula rasa" (blank slate) in order to compose a memoir. I will read yours.

Please have a boo at my blog...you might enjoy it. I started to create it recently and find it to be an amazing way to get the creative juices flowing!

Oregon...you lucky one -- I have a dear friend who lives in Washington state and he calls it "heaven." I concur. I visited the west coast (British Columbia; I'm Canadian) for two months several years ago and fell in love. How could I not? :-)

All the best to you...with appreciation,

Jaliya

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home